1.1 Resources Required
This chapter describes how to obtain and compile FunnelWeb
from scratch and set up for further development.
In order to compile FunnelWeb, you will need:
- FTP access to the internet OR a
FunnelWeb source distribution kit on disk.
- A computer running one of the
FunnelWeb-supported operating systems OR
lots of extra time to port FunnelWeb to a new
- About five megabytes of free disk space.
- A C compiler.
- An acquaintance with the C programming
language and the ability to compile and link C
programs on your machine.
- Elementary systems programming knowledege
for your machine.
- About an hour.
You will not need any sort of system
privileges to install FunnelWeb, unless you want
the FunnelWeb command fw to be
automatically available to everyone on your
machine as well as yourself.
Copyright © Ross N. Williams 1992,1999. All rights reserved.